UPDATE (1/13/2019) -- The January 14 meeting of the Douglas County Food Policy Council has been canceled.
- Action Item: Administrative Items
- Determine quorum of members, agenda approval
- Approval of December meeting minutes
- Election of 2019 Council officers
- Budget overview
- Public Comment
- Food System Plan Priority Item – Permanent Farmers Market Location
Action: Discuss FPC role and engagement in February Final Friday event with KU Architecture students who designed concept farmers market structures as final in fall 2018
- FPC Bylaws Transition – update from working group
Action: Consider recommendations from working group for implementation of bylaw changes following City and County Commission approval of proposed changes.
- Staff Report
- Annual report and revised joint ordinance/resolution presentation to County Commission (1/30) and agenda items for City Commission (2/5)
- Common Ground community garden program 2019 outlook
- Kansas Leadership Center Transformation Grant – February 21 event @ Flory Meeting Hall
- WORKING GROUPS
- FPC Member Updates
Action: Members share about events, happenings, exciting developments, conference or training opportunities, new articles/videos/other media of interest to the Council and its efforts.
- Future Agenda Items
**Next Meeting: FPC ANNUAL PLANNING RETREAT | February 25, 2019 @ 5:00pm – 9:00pm
If you have questions about the agenda, contact Helen Schnoes, Sustainability & Food Systems Planner, at 785-832-5157 at firstname.lastname@example.org.