Constitution Hall, erected by Samuel Jones in 1856, became the place were the Kansas Territorial Government convened. In the fall of 1857 (October 19), the Lecompton Constitutional Convention met and drafted a pro-slavery constitution in the upper story of the building. The downstairs was rented as the federal land office and private law offices. (Source: http://www.lecomptonkansas.com/page/constitution-hall-state-historic-site)
Wed - Sat 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Sun 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
319 Elmore Street, Lecompton, KS 66050, USA