Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


Do I have to register my home business?

Operating a home business in Douglas County requires a business permit which may be obtained through our office.

Rural home occupation regulations were adopted in 2008. Rural home occupations are determined based on Type. Please check with our office to determine whether you qualify as a Type I or Type II business.  If your size or type does not qualify you may still be able to operate by applying for a CUP conditional use permit or re-zoning.

  Register  your home business annually.