PLEASE BE ADVISED:
Our top priority is the health and safety of our community and employees. As we transition to normal work operations, in an effort to help slow the spread of COVID-19, staff will continue to work remotely as much as possible. Email and phone correspondence remains the preferred method of contact. We are working hard to process emails and phone call requests in the order received. We look forward to assisting you as soon as possible. Staff appreciates your understanding and patience as service delays can be expected.
We ask the public to adhere to the following:
- · Face coverings are required in public areas inside the building.
- · To maintain social distancing, please do not congregate in the lobby in an effort to maintain 6 feet of social distance.
- · Two labeled totes are located outside the Public Works main entry door Monday- Friday from 8:30am- 4:30pm located at 3755 E 25th St. All paperwork must be routed through the tote system to minimize hand to hand contact. No hand to hand contact will be accepted. If you have questions, please call 785-331-1343 from your vehicle.
- · Zoning & Codes will be closed between 12pm-1pm, Monday- Friday. Please utilize the drop boxes during this time.
- · Inspectors will continue to alternate schedules to adhere to social distancing measures.
- · Online applications and payments for limited permits continues to be available.
- · For public safety, at this time we accept electronic plan and application submittals.
- · Essential inspections will be performed to the extent they can be done safely with social distancing practices. Inspectors are expected to exercise discretion to protect themselves and others and we ask the same from our customers.
- Contractors should monitor local news outlets and the County webpage at www.douglascountyks.org, as circumstances are changing rapidly and staff services could be impacted.
For specific assistance please refer to our directory:
- To schedule an inspection please call the front desk at 785-331-1343
- If you have building permit questions, please call 785-331-1343 or email Donna Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tina Rakes, Codes Director is available for technical building code questions at email@example.com or 785-331-1323.
- If you have been working with a specific combination building inspector you may reach them at;
- Tonya Voigt, Zoning Director and Floodplain Manager is available for technical zoning questions, planning or survey review by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-331-1325.
All property research requests are handled through email. For zoning and research questions please email email@example.com Requests are handled in the order received. Our office receives a large amount of these requests, and we work hard to answer them in a timely manner. If your request requires extensive research, please expect delays. Click this link for a guide to help you locate and utilize the Douglas County Property Viewer. Would you like to research or learn more about a parcel in the county. Who services water or electric for a parcel? Is my parcel in the floodplain? What is my zoning? Am I in the Urban Growth Area? What is the parcel or pin number for my property? How much road frontage do you have and how much will you need to build? Measuring and drawing tools are also available.
- Ben Harris is available at firstname.lastname@example.org for zoning violation inquires and home business questions.
We are working hard to process emails and phone calls requests in the order received. We look forward to assisting you as soon as possible.