PLEASE BE ADVISED:
Our top priority is the health and safety of our community and employees. As we transition to normal work operations, in an effort to help slow the spread of COVID-19, staff will continue to work remotely as much as possible. Email and phone correspondence remains the preferred method of contact. We are working hard to process emails and phone call requests in the order received. We look forward to assisting you as soon as possible. Staff appreciates your understanding and patience as service delays can be expected.
We ask the public to adhere to the following:
- Face coverings are required in public areas inside the building.
- To maintain social distancing, please do not congregate in the lobby in an effort to maintain 6 feet of social distance.
- Zoning & Codes will be closed between 12pm-1pm, Monday- Friday. Please utilize the drop boxes during this time.
- Inspectors will continue to alternate schedules to adhere to social distancing measures.
- Online applications and payments for limited permits continues to be available.
- Essential inspections will be performed to the extent they can be done safely with social distancing practices. Inspectors are expected to exercise discretion to protect themselves and others and we ask the same from our customers.
- Contractors should monitor local news outlets and the County webpage at www.douglascountyks.org, as circumstances are changing rapidly and staff services could be impacted.
For specific assistance please refer to our directory:
- If you have building permit questions, please call 785-331-1343 or email Donna Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tina Rakes, Codes Director is available for technical building code questions at email@example.com or 785-331-1323.
- If you have been working with a specific combination building inspector you may reach them at;
- Tonya Voigt, Zoning Director and Floodplain Manager is available for technical zoning questions, planning or survey review by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-331-1325.
- Dre' Vel Taylor, our new Zoning Specialist is available for general zoning questions and can be reached at email@example.com
- Ben Harris, Code Enforcement Officer is available at firstname.lastname@example.org for zoning violation inquires and home business questions.
All property research requests and general inquiries are handled through email. Please note: Phone calls and voicemail will be added to our Queue and responded to in the order recieved. For zoning and research questions please email email@example.com All requests are handled in the order received. Our office receives a large amount of these requests, and we work hard to answer them in a timely manner. If your request requires extensive research, please expect delays.
- Click this link for a guide to help you locate and utilize the Douglas County Property Viewer. Would you like to research or learn more about a parcel in the county. For example:
- Parcel plate/ PIN number
- Electric Service Provider
- Floodplain Mapping
- Sensitive Lands; including prime soils and wetlands
- County Zoning
- Lawrence Urban Growth Area Boundary
- Road frontage requirements
- Measuring and drawing tools are also available.
- Please remember, we are working hard to process emails and phone calls requests in the order received. We look forward to assisting you as soon as possible.