- Interns monitor assigned students attendance and grades
- Interns meet weekly with students
- Interns encourage and assist truancy students in completing homework
- Interns encourage motivation by using behavioral contracts
- Interns provide weekly progress reports and updates to The Truancy Officer at DCYS
- DCYS and Interns provide reports to the Douglas County District Attorney’s Office
- Interns testify in Review Hearings and Child in Need of Care Court proceedings
DCYS has coordinated the KU truancy Prevention and Diversion Program since the fall of 2011.
This program is currently funded by Douglas County, the Kansas Department for Children and Families and the Douglas County District Attorney’s Office.
For more information regarding the KU Truancy Program, email YS-Truancy@douglas-county.com