Juvenile Intake Information
Juvenile intake for the Youth Services Department of Douglas County, Kansas.
- Juvenile Intake is located at DCYS and is staffed by Douglas County employees.
- Juvenile Intake is on call 24 hours a day for law enforcement officers in juvenile cases. When there is no intake officer on call, one of the on duty Corrections Officers is able to complete the same process.
- Juvenile Intake also takes appointments between 10:00am and 7:00pm.
- The main contact person for Juvenile Intake is JSO Megan Thomas.
What services are offered by The Shelter Inc?
- Crisis intervention for families
- Referral Services for additional help to families
- Emergency placement options for children at risk
- Pre filing Diversion to avoid further court involvement
- Conditions of Release Supervision and monitoring
- Address: 330 NE Industrial Ln, Lawrence, Kansas 66044
- Located on south side of building at glass door labeled "Intake".
- Phone: 785-331-1300
- Fax 785-331-1304
Juvenile Intake - Contacts