Guideline for visitors to the juvenile detention center. Please note: we reserve the right to deny anyone access to visitation for failure to adhere to our visitation guidelines. Visitation is by appointment only. Please call 785-331-1300
Juvenile Detention Visitation Rules
What is the schedule for visitation?
Visits must be scheduled 24 hours in advance.
- Monday through Friday 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Weekends and Holidays 8:00 am to 8:00 p
How long is a visit?
It depends on what level the youth is on in detention (See Youth Manual)
- Level 1 = 30 minutes
- Level 2= 45 minutes
- Level 3= 1 hour
- Level 4= 1 hour 15 minutes
- Level 5= 1 hour 30 minutes
Please note: if you are traveling from a distance please let staff know.
What should I not bring to a visit?
- Leave your things in a locker or in your car. No Cell phones, purses, car keys etc. are allowed in visitation
- No cameras or video equipment allowed, unless approved by Administration in advance
- No pocket knives or weapons of any kind
- No chewing tobacco, cigarettes, rolling papers or lighters
Are there clothing restrictions for a visit?
- No tops that expose the breast, including cleavage, the torso or back
- No see through or revealing clothing
- No low cut necklines
- No spaghetti straps
- No tank tops
- No halter tops
- No skirts, shorts or skorts that are shorter than three inches above the back of the knee
- No gang affiliated attire
- No drug or alcohol related attire
- No anti-social messages
- Inappropriate or offensive tattoos must be covered
- Shoes must be worn at all times
- Please do not wear a lot of jewelry.
Are there other rules that must be followed?
- No food
- No drink
- No gum
- All visitors must sign in prior to every visit
- All visitors must provide a picture ID
- All visitors will be scanned by the metal detector
All commissary money and hygiene products for residents must be given to staff before the visit begins.