Douglas County is the host county responsible for the operation of a regional juvenile detention center serving a 13 county area in Northeast Kansas. The detention center is licensed for 18 residents.
What services does the Detention Center provide?
- Detention for youth awaiting court action
- Detention for youth serving court imposed sanctions
- Age range of 10 to 18 years of age
- Serves both male and female youth
- Length of stay is 1 - 90 days
Which counties are served?
Anderson; Brown; Chase; Coffey; Douglas; Jackson; Jefferson; Lyon; Miami; Nemaha; Osage; Pottawatomie; Wabaunsee
Other Detention facts:
- Detention Center staff assists with Surveillance of youth supervised on ISP/COR through field and telephone contact.
- The detention center has been booking all juvenile for the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office since June 13, 2003.
- County & Per Diem Funded