We serve three meals each day breakfast, lunch and dinner, and an evening snack.
Special Diets: If you have any dietary restrictions due to allergies, other medical conditions or for religious reasons please let staff know, so a special diet can be ordered.
- Move through the line in an orderly fashion.
- Ladies first.
- Don’t lean on the rail or talk in line.
- Return to your assigned seat and wait for everyone at your table to be seated before you begin to eat.
- Residents may not talk until staff directs otherwise.
- A staff member must be present at your table in order for conversations to take place.
- No talking between tables without permission.
- Chairs are to remain flat on the floor, do not roll in the chairs
- Don’t trade or share food.
- Return your spork, cup and tray to the kitchen.
- Scrape tray and trash into trash can and stack your tray.
- You may have two glasses of milk during a meal with the second (2nd) glass being free.
- When seconds are available, as determined by staff, you will be charged on your checkbook for seconds for drinks/food.
- The 1st glass of lemonade is free. A 2nd glass of lemonade is $1.00.
- Youth on DRR or PDRR, may put condiments on their food at the kitchen serving line but may not take packets of condiments to their room.
- Youth in lockdown do not receive condiments.
- Place your napkin in your lap.
- Chew with your mouth closed.
- Do not talk with food in your mouth.
- Keep elbows off the table.
- Place your extra hand in your lap.
- Ask to be excused if you need to leave for any reason.
- Use your utensils, unless you have staff’s permission to eat with your hands.
Time in Your Room
You will be expected to go to your room each day for shift change between 1st and 2nd shift. This occurs between 1430hours/ 2:30p.m. and 1530hours/3:30p.m. every day. You will take your linens to your room during shift change. You will be issued a bar of soap and washcloth at shift change so you can wash your hands if necessary during that time. (Lockdown and SRL4 youth will need to request assistance from staff to wash their hands.)
Early Shift Change
- As a privilege: Early Shift Change specifically applies to 1st shift when you request to have your door secured earlier than 1430 hours/2:30p.m. You can choose to go to early shift change but you must have all of your school work completed, you are not on DRR or PDRR, and you have a positive checkbook balance. You will be charged a $5.00 purchase for every 30 minutes you are in your room prior to 1430 hours.
Your bedtime is determined by what level you are on. Shoes and sweats are to be left outside of your room. Your pencil and checkbook sheets should be turned into staff. Staff will be checking on you throughout the night to ensure that you are okay.
- Sleep on the bed or bunk. (1 mattress except Level 5).
- Sleep between the sheets.
- Sleep in your night clothes.
- Don’t talk room-to-room through the vents or sink.
- Be respectful of others by remaining quiet and avoiding unnecessary noises.
- Make sure you have necessities (toilet paper) before going to your room.
- Sleep at the end of the bed that is closest to the door with your head uncovered.
- You will be issued a bar of soap and washcloth each evening so you can wash your hands if necessary during the night. (Lockdown and SRL4 youth will need to request assistance from staff to wash their hands.)
- The intercom is for emergencies.
You will receive consequences for excessive or unnecessary use of the intercom.
Early Bed Time
Early Bed time specifically applies to 2nd shift when you request to have your door secured earlier than 2030 hours/8:30p.m. You may choose to take early bed time if you do have a positive checkbook balance, and you are not on DRR or PDRR. If you choose to purchase early bedtime, you will be charged a $5.00 purchase for every 30 minutes you are in your room prior to 2030 hours/8:30p.m.