The Douglas County Clerk serves as the County's Election Officer with the responsibility for the planning and operation of all elections held in the county (as required by Kansas Statutes and Administrative regulations), and maintains all records relating to such elections.
ADVANCE VOTING BY MAIL
Vote by Mail: To vote by mail, complete an Advance Voting Application and sent to the Election Office.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail: 1100 Massachusetts, Lawrence, KS 66044
- fax 785-832-5192
Overseas - Military - Federal Service Voters Only: Military and Overseas Citizens can receive advance voting ballots under the Federal Voting Assistance Program.
- email to Kathleen at email@example.com
ADVANCE VOTING IN PERSON
Our office is committed to providing multiple opportunities for in-person advance voting with extended hours and locations besides the Douglas County Courthouse. Here is a list of Dates & Locations of Advance Voting in Douglas County
- October 18th - Last Day to Register to vote for the November General Election KSA 25-2311(a)(5)
- October 19th - Advance Voting by mail and in person begins KSA 25-1122(f), -1123(a)
- November 3rd - Public Test of Voting Equipment
- November 7th - Advance Voting closes at Noon KSA 25-1122(f)
- November 8th - General Election - 7AM - 7PM KSA 25-101
- November 17th - Board of County Canvassers - 9AM KSA 25-3104
REGISTERING TO VOTE
RULES CONCERNING VOTER REGISTRATION APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED WITHOUT PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP
This notice covers persons who have applied to register to vote and have not yet provided proof of citizenship. Due to recent court rulings, if you have applied to register to vote at a Kansas Division of Motor Vehicles office or if you have applied to register to vote using the “Federal Form” voter registration application (as opposed to the standard ‘state form’) and have not yet provided proof of citizenship, you are registered to vote for the November 8, 2016, general election. Your name will appear on the poll book for your voting location and you will be given a standard ballot. There is nothing further you need to provide for the November 8, 2016, general election.
If you have questions concerning your eligibility or this notice you may contact the Douglas County Election Office at 785-832-5267 or firstname.lastname@example.org or the Secretary of State’s office at (800) 262-8683.