Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


Road Maintenance

Public roads in Douglas County are maintained by several state and local agencies. Follow the links below to find out more.

To get information on road maintenance responsibility, please use this map:

Douglas County Road Maintenance Responsibility Map

Please note: Roads located within city limits of Lawrence, Baldwin City, Eudora, and Lecompton are maintained by their respective cities.

To get information on county road maintenance, please visit:

Douglas County Public Works - Operations Division

  • Address: 3755 East 25th Street, Lawrence, KS 66046
  • Phone: 785-331-1330
  • Public Works

For a current map of countywide road closings, please visit the Road Closings page.

To get information on city road maintenance, please visit:

Baldwin City Public Works Department

Eudora Public Works Department

  • Address: 4 E. 7th Street, Eudora, KS 66025 (City Hall)
  • Phone: 785-542-2153

Lawrence Municipal Services & Operations Department

Lecompton Public Works Department

  • Address: 327 Elmore Street, Lecompton, KS 66050
  • Phone: 785-887-6407

To get information on state road maintenance, please visit:

Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT - for state roads & highways)

Kansas Turnpike Authority (KTA - for the state turnpike)

For road maintenance on township roads, please contact your current township officials. A list of all township officials can be found on our County and Elected Officials page.