Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


Who do I call to report a down/damaged/confusing road sign?

If the immediate safety of traffic is at risk due to a missing traffic control sign, i.e. a STOP sign, then you should contact the appropriate law enforcement agency by dialing 911. Other rural sign problems concerning down or damaged signs should be reported by using this form.


If you are unable to use the above method, please contact the Public Works Department Operations Division at 3755 East 25th Street, Lawrence, KS, by telephone at 785-331-1322.

If you have questions concerning traffic safety issues and the possible need for additional signs or any other questions you may call the Public Works Department at 785-832-5293.