Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


How do I get permission to place a gate on a public road?

Permission to place a gate on a rural public road may only be granted by the Board of County Commissioners only in locations that are typically agricultural in nature and not subject to routine traffic. Requests are made to the Public Works Department, 3755 East 25th Street, Lawrence, KS 66046.

If you have any questions you may call the Public Works Department by telephone at 785-832-5293.