Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


Housing and Human Services

Housing and Human Services

Douglas County works closely with community partners and state and local agencies to expand access to supportive housing and respond to the needs of our houseless community members.

Health and Human Services Building

Human Services Building

Address 2518 Ridge Ct, Lawrence, KS 66046

See Map

Housing Stabilization Collaborative

The Housing Stabilization Collaborative (HSC) exists to support community members in accessing and affording sustainable housing through our rental and utility assistance program, landlord engagement best practices, monthly rental availability list, and partnership with local social service agencies. As a collaborative, we work towards reducing and eliminating housing barriers for renters as well as working with local landlords to provide safe and affordable housing.

Go to website

Coalition for Human Services

Convened by the United Way of Douglas County and the Douglas County Administrator's Office, the Coalition for Human Services is a multisector collective impact coalition that works collaboratively to meet the health and human service needs of Douglas County and to create equitable, trauma informed systems and services that increase access to care.

The Coalition meets monthly, and meetings are open to all interested persons. The coalition also has an active listserv for health and human service providers to share resources, information, and referrals. For more information contact Gabi Sprague at

Go to website
Housing Assistance

Need help paying for rent or utilities?

Assistance is available for Douglas County through the Housing Stabilization Collaborative. For utilities, applicants will need to attach a copy of their bill(s). For rent, applicants will need to attach a document from their landlord showing the amount owed.

Apply Here



Lawrence-Douglas County Resource Guide

Need help paying your bills, finding healthcare or transportation, or getting assistance with food, clothing, or shelter?

Go to website

Help Prevent An Eviction

The Housing Stabilization Collaborative partners with Building Peace, Inc. to offer free mediation services for landlords and tenants. A landlord or tenant can initiate an application.

Fill Out Application


Looking for help with government resources? Get connected. Get answers. Call 2-1-1 for info about Kansas services.

Go to website


Jill Jolicoeur

Assistant County Administrator


Gabi Sprague

Human Services Program Manager


Jasmine Bates

AmeriCorps Kansas Member